Orange roughy recipe comes together quick and easy, a perfect blend of ingredients for those lazy summer days that turn into lazy summer nights. And it’s the kind of meal that everybody craves during the summer season – light, yet satisfying and bursting with fresh flavours. Sounds, satisfying, right?
However. Orange roughy is an endangered species of fish. To begin, a lot of fishes have already been extinct due to our careless consumption and hobbies. However, guess what? You can enjoy the below given recipes even without Orange Roughy. That’s right for these recipes doesn’t necessarily require an Orange roughy. You can use any of your favourite white fish yet get to enjoy the fresh and flavorful feeling. Because La Vaquita’s Queso Fresco is to the rescue! That’s right, Queso Fresco translates to “fresh cheese” and is made from pasteurized cow’s milk. It’s a crumbling cheese similar to feta, goat cheese or blue cheese. However, unlike stronger crumbling cheeses, the flavour of Queso Fresco is smooth and kinda fresh, bright, milky, and mild, making it an absolutely perfect complement to just about any dish.
La Vaquita’s Queso Fresco is creamy and easy to crumble, making it easy to add to any dish and not to mention the creamy texture it delivers when used in the blueberry mango salsa. And then more crumbling action over the whole dish, if I may then say, ‘lip smackin’ wonderful won’t be an exaggeration! La Vaquita’s Queso Fresco serves as an irresistible topping in a variety of meals and is always on board when cooking up tacos or any other Mexican favourite. You can also use it to top your salads and soups with it, to bring out that creamy flavour. Oh and don’t forget to sprinkle it over your eggs, omelettes, mix in frittatas for breakfast or brunch and in your side dishes like beans or grilled corn as well. That’s how multi-licious, it is. It’s goes well and is equally tasty with pretty much everything. After all, cheese are a must with any type of meal.
Baked Orange Roughy Recipe
Dry Bread Crumbs: 2 Cups
Grated Parmesan Cheese: ½ Cup
Chopped Fresh Parsley: ½ Cup
Paprika: 1 Teaspoon
Dried Oregano: ½ Teaspoon
Dried Basil: ¼ Teaspoon
Orange Roughy: 6 Fillets
Low-fat Buttermilk: ½ Cup
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste Lemon Wedges
- Set the oven to preheat at 350 F.
- Now take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients except for Orange roughy and buttermilk. Mix the mixture and keep it aside.
- Now, spray the baking tray with a cooking spray.
- Once done, take the fillets and dip them into the Buttermilk and then coat them with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Arrange the fillets in the baking tray and spray their surface with the cooking spray before placing them inside the oven.
- Bake them uncovered until the fish flakes easily with the fork or for about 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Pan Fried Orange Roughy Recipe
Orange Roughy fillets, thawed: 4 fillets
Large eggs, beaten: 2 Pcs
Bread Crumbs: ½ Cup
Vegetable Oil: 2 Tablespoons
Salt to taste Pepper to taste
- Heat a large frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Now take the eggs, beat them smoothly and set them aside. Now take the bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix them thoroughly.
- Take the fillets, dip them into the beaten eggs and coat them with the breadcrumbs. Now fry them in the pan with vegetable oil until golden brown from either side.
- Repeat the same with the other fillets. Place them in a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
Grilled Orange Roughy Recipe
Orange Roughy Fillets: 1 Pound
Taco Seasoning: 1 Tablespoon
Lime: ½ piece
Blueberry Mango Salsa
Blueberry, fresh: 1 Cup
Mango, diced: 1 Cup
Cucumber, diced: 1 Cup
Small Jalapeno, unseeded and diced: 1 Pc
Cilantro, fresh and chopped: ¼ Cup
Lime Juice: 1 teaspoon
Salt: ¼ Teaspoon
La Vaquita Queso Fresco: ½ Cup
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and brush it with oil.
- Apply the lime juice, salt and pepper and sprinkle a bit of taco seasoning on both the side of the fish and let it marinate for a while.
- As for the Salsa, mix all the ingredients and refrigerate them until they are ready.
- Now grill the fish on the pan till golden on either side. Once cooked, serve it with the Blueberry Mango Salsa.