Sitting for a family dinner sounds so amazing! And when all the Pizza lovers are together, no wonder Pizza rolls will be the hot topic amongst all. Few other dishes like Pizza muffin bites and air fryer calzones are the favorites of the pickiest eaters. Out of all these, Pizza rolls are the most impressive and easy to make a recipe for sleepover plans. Now, let us see what ingredients to pick and how to make this delicacy in no time.
Ingredients Required To Make Pizza Rolls
- Refrigerated Pizza crust tubes
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
Instructions For Making Pizza Rolls
- The first step is to prepare the pizza dough. Making homemade Pizza dough can take a long time, so it is recommended to use refrigerated pizza dough.
- Refrigerated Pizza dough comes in a long tube form that can be found in generic names and brands.
- When you are prepared to make your Pizza roll, take a clean work surface and flour it.
- Roll out the dough in a large rectangle shape.
- Add a tinge of Pizza sauce to the dough. This addition of Pizza sauce is optional and can be avoided.
- Pizza sauce is generally added so that cheese and pepperoni stick to the crust perfectly.
- After that, sprinkle some garlic salt and dried Italian seasoning on the top of the crust.
- Then add Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese on top of it.
- Finally, add pepperoni. Adding diced pepperoni makes it easy to cut the Pizza rolls.
- After adding all the ingredients to the Pizza rolls, it is now time for rolling them up. Start rolling up the dough at the short end and tightly roll it until it forms a log. Pinch the ends to lock up the seams.
- Then fry the Pizza rolls for one to two minutes from each side until they turn golden brown.
And now your delicious Pizza rolls are ready to be served with additional Pizza sauce. These rolls are perfect appetizers to satisfy the quench of your taste buds to grab something spicy and tangy.
Pizza Rolls For Nonvegetarian Lovers
Pizza rolls are great appetizers for vegetarian lovers, but a little mix and match in the ingredients can make sausage lovers the perfect side dish. Let us check out how to make nonvegetarian Pizza rolls by adding bulk Italian sausages.
Ingredients For Nonvegetarian Pizza Rolls
- 1 pound Italian sausage cooked and drained
- 4 cups of shredded or part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages of sliced and chopped pepperoni.
- 1 medium finely chopped green pepper
- 1 medium finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- Two jars of Pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrapper
- Oil for frying
- Extra Pizza sauce for dipping (optional)
Procedure To Make Nonvegetarian Pizza Rolls
- Mix cheese, pepperoni, onion, sausage, and peppers in a large bowl.
- Stir them in Pizza sauce until they get perfectly combined with Pizza sauce.
- Take an egg roll wrapper and place ¼ cup of the filling in the center.
- Fold the corner bottom of the filling and fold the sides towards the center over the filling.
- Take a little bit of water and moisten the remaining corner. Roll it up tightly and seal.
- Take a Dutch oven or deep cast-iron skillet.
- Put oil and heat it for one to two minutes at 375 degrees.
- Fry the Pizza rolls for one to two minutes until they become crispy golden brown.
- Take paper towels and drain the fried Pizza rolls.
And for all the nonvegetarian lovers, Pizza rolls are ready to be served with a bulk of Italian sausages and Pizza sauces. These Pizza rolls add an extra charm to the housewarming parties and sleepover parties as they are a perfect side dish and loved by people of all age groups.
Nutritional Facts About Pizza Rolls
One Pizza roll contains the following nutrition
- 297 Calories
- 19 grams fats, 5 grams unsaturated fats
- 28 mg cholesterol
- 537 mg sodium
- 22 grams carbohydrates
- 2-gram sugar
- 1 gram fiber
- 9-gram protein
Cutting Tips While Preparing Pizza Rolls
Once your Pizza rolls are prepared, you have to slice them into bite-size to serve them individually. To cut it out into individual pieces, it is always recommended to use a serrated knife—a sharp Pizza cutter which is very helpful to cut Pizza dough. Moreover, a serrated knife compared to a standard kitchen knife does not compress the dough.
The Bottom Line
Pizza rolls are something that people of all groups love. The fun fact about these rolls is that it hardly takes time to prepare them. They are lip-smackingly delicious. If you do not wish to fry your Pizza rolls, you can even bake them in the oven. Place them on a baking sheet and let them bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
Pizza rolls are finger-licking tasty appetizers to make your guests go wow.