Have you ever wondered why preparing a fresh and colourful Poke Bowl at home can be impressive? How would it sound if we said that designing a Poke Bowl recipe at home is an effortless task? Sounds amazing, right! Like any other bowl recipe, this recipe has very tiny components and sauces. The steps involved to make this recipe does not require any particular technique or course.
A Poke Bowl is a Hawaiian recipe that is seasoned with raw fish. Serving Poke Bowl over a hot bowl of rice tastes heavenly. Garnished with avocado and other veggies, an additional sprinkling of sesame seeds adds to the charisma of the Poke bowl recipe. They are instant meals that can be served as school lunches and weeknight dinner meals. Now let us quickly go through the preparation method of the Poke Bowl recipe, along with some exciting tips and tricks.
Ingredients To Prepare The Poke Bowl Recipe
Salmon And Tuna Poke
- ¾ lb of sushi-grade ahi Tuna chopped into cubes
- ¾ lb sushi-grade salmon sliced into cubes.
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of ginger juice
- 1 ½ cups of long-grain white rice rinsed thoroughly
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup of diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Wasabi Citrus Sauce
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon Wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon sesame oil
- Tinge of sugar
- Diced avocado
- Pickled ginger
- Seaweed salad
- Crab salad
- Sesame seeds
Instructions To Cook The Best Poke Bowl Recipe
If you are planning to invite your guest over for a bold dinner, prepare your Poke Bowl recipe as per the following mentioned steps to make your guests wow!
- Rinse the white rice using a filter.
- Take a saucepan pan and add sesame oil, vinegar, salad, and water.
- When the liquid starts to boil, add the rinsed rice.
- Let the rice cook for about 18 to 20 minutes, and once it starts to fluff up, turn off the heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the rice gets settled.
- Add soy sauce, green onions, rice vinegar, one tablespoon of sesame oil, and ginger juice to a large bowl.
- In the same mixture, add tuna and salmon and toss them until they form a coating. Keep them aside.
- In another small bowl, toss all the cucumber salad ingredients together.
- Once the rice is thoroughly cooked, let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the components of Wasabi citrus sauce in a bowl.
And in this way, your lip-smacking Poke Bowl recipe is ready to be served. Divide the rice into four bowls and garnish it with cucumber salad, salmon and tuna Poke, or preferred toppings. Drizzle some Wasabi citrus sauce on all the bowls for different tastes and aromas.
Nutritional Calculation Of Poke Bowl Recipe
One-time preparation of the Poke Bowl recipe yields four servings. Per serving has the following nutritional calculation
- Calories – 399 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 36 gms
- Protein – 35 gms
- Fat – 12 gms
- Saturated fat – 2 gms
- Sodium – 645 mg
- Cholesterol – 68 mg
- Sugar – 2 gms
Tips To Prepare An Ultimate Poke Bowl Recipe
To prepare a high-quality Poke Bowl, it is essential to keep in mind specific tips. Follow the below-mentioned pointers for the same.
- If you are serving a Poke Bowl to a health-conscious addict, you can replace white rice with cauliflower or zoodles anytime.
- You can even make substitutions of cucumber salad with Broccolini and peppers.
- To make your Poke Bowl look more colourful and healthier, you can even insert mango or pineapple fruit pieces.
- To get true restaurant essence, drizzle spicy mayonnaise with some fried onions.
- Try purchasing fresh fish instead of frozen ones. The frozen one can affect the texture and outlook of the tuna.
- The best fish to purchase is sushi grade.
Serving Of Poke Bowl
Poke Bowl is a Hawaiian recipe that can be served in various ways. The Poke Bowl has multiple components which together make up this bowl recipe. The most recommended ways to help Poke Bowl are as mentioned below:
- Sliced cucumber
- Slice avocado
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Andaman shredded carrots
- Sliced radish
- Chunks of mango or pineapple.
Kitchen Essentials Required To The Prepare Poke Bowl Recipe
To prepare any recipe, having the proper equipment is essential. Below are some kitchen essentials that can be handy for cooking the Poke Bowl recipe.
- Mixing bowls
- Saucepan with a lid
- Rice cooker
- Sharp knife
Few Other Rice Bowl Recipes To Try Today!
If you are a Hawaiian food lover and wish to taste Bowl recipes, do not forget to go crazy for the below-mentioned recipes.
- Salmon Sushi Bowl
- Chicken Teriyaki Sushi Bowl
- Coconut Rice Salmon Bowl
- Gyro Bowl
The Bottom Line
The recipe of Poke Bowl is worth trying as it is much healthier than any other weeknight meal. This bowl recipe has many healthy fats topped with avocado, veggies, and seafood. The dressing of the Poke Bowl can be relatively customized and substituted with preferable ingredients. For major nutritional upgrades, the elements of the Poke Bowl recipe can be altered.
Sprinkling sesame seeds or a drizzle of spicy mayonnaise and Wasabi citrus sauce adds flavour and essence to the Hawaiian food. Like any other bowl recipe, the Poke Bowl is adaptable. The combination of ahi tuna and salmon is the most famous Poke Bowl combo, a must-try. If you haven’t tried any of the recipes yet, start with the Poke Bowl recipe and feel your taste buds taste the delicacy.