Nowadays, people are switching from normal chocolates and snacks to protein bars. This is because protein bars live up to their name- they contain a generous amount of proteins. Humans need proteins to boost metabolism, promote weight loss, and for other functions. So, if you are looking for the best snack to curb your hunger by providing you with energy, a protein bar works best. This is the only reason why people skip breakfast by carrying protein bars to work. But not all protein bars contain the right healthy ingredients. This is why we recommend always checking the ingredients label of protein bars.
Are The Best Protein Bars Homemade?
One cannot be blind to the unhealthy ingredients present in a store-bought bar. So, making protein bars at home seems like the best option to go for. Preparing this at home will give you an idea about its benefits to your body. Apart from this, you will also get a say on the flavors of the protein bar.
Benefits Of Homemade Protein Bars
1. Go All Healthy, No Need For Additives
You get complete control over the ingredients by preparing protein bars at home. So now, there is no room for preservatives and additives. Go all-natural and make the best of it.
2. Save Loads Of Money
No need to buy expensive protein bars from the store if you can make them yourself. Gather the ingredients needed and prepare your inexpensive protein bars at home.
3. Choose From Your Favorite Ingredients
There is a great deal of best protein bars recipes to choose from. So, you will not face any problems while adding your favorite flavors to a health bar. From chocolate and peanut butter to match and whatnot, never compromise on the flavors of protein bars.
Best Protein Bars You Can Make At Home
Choose your favorite from the list of protein bar recipes provided for you below.
1. No-Bake Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars
We cannot compare the deliciousness of cinnamon rolls with anything else. The flavors and benefits of cinnamon rolls in protein bars will become too much to handle. The goodness of protein bars and cinnamon benefits will leave you craving it. Cinnamon helps in maintaining adequate blood sugar levels while making you feel full.
For The Protein Bar
1. 3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
2. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3. 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
4. 1/2 cup rolled oats
5. 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
6. 1 cup soft, pitted dates
7. 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the drizzle
1. 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
2. 1 tbsp almond milk
Directions To Follow
1. Take a blender or a food processor and add in the dates and cashews. Blend for about 2 to 3 minutes until they appear together as a ball.
2. Add the protein powder, cinnamon, rolled oats, and salt after breaking the ball. Keep on blending until the oats break up.
3. Proceed to add 1 tbsp of almond milk and keep mixing until they appear as a ball again.
4. Take an 8×8 baking dish and line it with plastic wrap.
5. Spread out the dough prepared on the baking dish with your hands and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
6. Prepare the protein drizzle by mixing the two ingredients.
7. After 15 minutes, take out the baking dish from the freezer.
8. Cut the dough into 12 bars.
9. Pipe the protein drizzle prepared onto the protein bars in any pattern you like.
10. Place the bars on the baking dish and freeze for another 15 minutes.
11. Store in the freezer for more than one month and enjoy it whenever.
2. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Enjoy this yummy protein bar’s classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate. Not only will you get a buck load of protein benefits, but you will also not keep your hands off it. It is the perfect way to please your sweet tooth without causing any tooth damage too. Indulge in this classy and amazing protein bar for the best experience.
1. 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2. 5 scoops of vanilla protein powder
3. 1/2 cup oat flour
4. 1/4 cup slivered almonds
5. 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
6. 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
7. 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
8. 1 tbsp maple syrup
9. 6 pitted dates
10. 1 cup organic peanut butter
11. 1 tsp vanilla extract
12, 1/4 tsp sea salt
Directions To Follow
1. Take a blender or food processor. Add cottage cheese, vanilla extract, sea salt, maple syrup, almond milk, and dates. Blend until all the ingredients have combined and appear to be smooth.
2. Take a large mixing bowl and transfer the mixture prepared. Add in the organic peanut butter. Blend until combined.
3. Mix in the oat flour and protein powder. Continue to blend until the ingredients combine.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Take a 9×9 baking dish and line it with plastic wrap. Do it in such a way that the sides overlap, leaving enough space to cover the top.
6. Using a knife or spatula, spread the peanut butter protein bar mixture onto the baking tray. Make sure that the mixture spreads smoothly and even.
7. Top the peanut butter protein bar mixture with some slivered almonds.
8. For it to be set, refrigerate the protein bar mixture for about 2 hours.
9. Take out the set protein mixture from the refrigerator and cut it into 12 protein bars.
Store it in the refrigerator after placing it in an air-tight container. Enjoy whenever and wherever!
The Bottom Line
The best protein bars are the ones prepared at home. You can incorporate your favorite flavors without any harm. No need to add preservatives to the bar as you can store them for a long time. Also, you can now prepare protein bars without spending a fortune on them. What else do you need other than the motivation to start making them now!