No matter what the season, it is always the right time to crave some chocolate chip cookies. Whether you eat it as a dessert or indulge in it as dinner, something that we all are guilty of doing, it is the perfect craving food.
If you are looking to hone your cooking skills and are also a fan of chocolate chip cookies, then why not learn it? Here we have the perfect recipe to chocolate chip cookies that you can make at home and impress people with the taste.
The beauty of this recipe is that it does not require any chilling time or fancy ingredients. You can simply make it and enjoy it from the comfort of your couch.
The perfect recipe to chocolate chip cookies should make them chewy and doughy but also crispy in the right parts.
Go ahead and get your new favourite and easy recipe.
For this recipe to chocolate chip cookies, you will need –
- Salted Butter. If you don’t have salted butter, you can also use unsalted butter but make sure you taste your flour to make sure it is salty to your preference.
- White sugar. You can use either granulated or organic cane sugar.
- Brown Sugar. You can use any kind of brown sugar, there are no specifics.
- Flour. All-purpose flour will be the most suitable. You can also use gluten-free flour.
- Sea salt. Sea salt does wonders for chocolate. We recommend that you don’t replace it with any other kind of salt because it is different from regular table salt.
- Eggs should be big and only two in number. Do not overdo it and make sure it is fluffy.
- Vanilla extract. Do not overdo it just a mere hint of it in our recipe will do wonders.
- Chocolate Chips. If you are feeling experimental, you can use chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips! Just make sure you use it generously. You can also use sprinkles and such depending on your preferences.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- I cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
How to make the chocolate chip cookies
The recipe to chocolate chip cookies is easy to follow. You can make a date out of it or make it a special day for your child and you.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper and keep it aside for use later on.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it is combined thoroughly.
- Add eggs and vanilla until it is fluffy.
- After this is done, add in your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add your chocolate chip cookies.
- Roll the dough on the parchment paper and according to how big you want your cookies to be. You can also make mini cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 8-10 minutes and take them out from the oven when the cookies are just about to turn brown.
- Now you just need to let the cookies sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes and remove it to place on a cooling rack.
Notes to make before making the chocolate chip cookies
While this recipe to chocolate chip cookies is fairly easy, you need to keep a few things in mind. If you remember these points, you can avoid all silly mistakes and have tasty cookies to go.
- Do not overbake. When you take the cookies out of the oven after 8-10 minutes, do not put them back if they look light brown and undercooked. Not overbaking them will keep them soft and gooey on the inside, making them the perfect cookie.
- Make sure the dough is not wet. It should also not be too sticky. But you should also make sure the dough is not left too dry and crumbly.
- When you are storing these cookies, you need to ensure the container is airtight and at room temperature. You can keep the for five days, however, when they are so yummy they will be flying off the plate in no time.
- If you are thinking of freezing the dough to bake the recipe to chocolate chip cookies, later on, you should roll them in balls and freeze them in a single layer. You can keep it in an airtight container for up to two months.
Things to keep in mind if your cookie keeps going wrong
You followed the recipe to chocolate chip cookies to the T. Yet the result is not what you had been expecting. What you can do is check for the following –
- Make sure the dough is not too cold. Everything should be at room temperature.
- Do not use too much flour. Start with 360 g for 2 big eggs and keep increasing it bit by bit. It is better to start small and build upon it than vice versa.
- Make sure your oven temperature is correct.
- Make sure you cream the butter and sugar mixture before adding vanilla extract. You should cream it until it is soft and full.
- If you are using frozen dough, then preheat the oven to 350 degrees. However, do it only when the dough is cold.
Understandably, you would want to watch your weight and health after indulging in such a wonderful recipe to chocolate chip cookies like this. We have highlighted the important nutritional facts for you to see for yourself.
An average-sized cookie using 3 TBS dough would have –
This is the perfect recipe to chocolate chip cookies that you need to make as soon as