Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a discovery of a perfect combination of tenderness and crispiness. They are full of irresistible caramel flavor with a nutty and sweet taste. It is an easy-to-grab recipe that is loved by children mostly. They tend to grab these straight off from the pan. The recipe does not require a variety of seasoning and has various options for serving.
The recipe is so unique that you will feel addicted to it. Sprouts are very beneficial for health throughout the year. They are like other cabbage family members, which suits the best during cool temperatures. Moreover, you can roast them up and enjoy the crispy layer anytime. Let us take you through the ultimate guide to preparing and cooking roasted sprouts.
Ingredients Required To Prepare Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasted sprouts are a super easy dish to prepare with minimal ingredients. If you want a healthy snack to prepare at home, go through the under-mentioned grocery list and make the tastiest sprouts ever!
- 1 ½ pound of Brussel sprouts
- ¼ teaspoon of refined sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin Olive oil
Instructions To Make The Best Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Well, you might be amazed to know that in 30 minutes you can cook this European side dish. It takes 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and another 20 minutes to cook the sprouts. Follow the mentioned below and quickly make finger-licking roasted sprouts.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take a large-rimmed baking sheet and place it on the baking tray.
- Chop off the nubby ends and remove the damaged and discolored leaves. Cut the sprouts from the middle through the top.
- Combine the half-cut sprouts, sea salt, and Olive oil on the baking sheet.
- Toss the sprouts thoroughly until the mixture coats evenly. Arrange them in a good line with the flat surface facing downwards.
- Roast the sprouts until they are tender brown for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The sprouts are best to be served immediately when off the oven. They taste equally delicious at room temperature.
And woohoo! Your super lip-smacking delicacy Roasted Brussel Sprouts are ready to be served. You can garnish it with coriander leaves and a splash of lime juice for a different taste. The blend of tanginess with crispy sprouts makes it the best blend ever. If you are searching for a healthy snack with minimal ingredients, try the recipe today and let us know how it works.
Nutritional Calculation Of Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasted sprouts are a nutritious snack to have any time of the day. One-time preparation of sprouts yields 4 servings. Per serving has the following nutritional value.
- Calories – 133 kcal
- Carbohydrates – 15.2 gms
- Proteins – 5.7 gms
- Fat – 7.5 gms
- Saturated Fat – 1.1 gms
- Polyunsaturated Fat – 1 gm
- Monounsaturated Fat – 5 gms
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
- Potassium – 14 mg
- Sugar – 3.7 gms
- Vitamin A – 1700 IU
- Vitamin C – 161 mg
- Calcium – 5 mg
- Iron – 13 mg
Tips And Tricks To Make Nutritious Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Following success tips is essential for a perfect finish to any recipe. The under-mentioned tips shall help you make perfect roasted sprouts as snacks for your friends and family.
- Make sure that the sprouts are perfectly roasted from both sides. It is advisable to roast the upper portion first, followed by the lower portion.
- Garnishing the dish offers an additional flavor to the recipe. In addition to sea salt and Olive oil, you can add lemon zest or Balsamic vinegar and grated Parmesan on the top of the sprouts. They taste amazing.
- Also, sprinkling red pepper flakes can never go wrong. They add the correct amount of spiciness to the recipe.
- If you feel that the sprouts are too dry to consume, try it out with Tahini sauce. It is incredibly flavorsome and blends perfectly with roasted sprouts.
Got Leftovers Of Roasted Brussel Sprouts? Check These Out!
If you have extra roasted sprouts left at your snack table, do not worry. We have a few delicious ways to use the extra sprouts. Since sprouts combine well with creamy components like scrambled eggs, hummus, and melted cheese, check out the various ways of using the extra leftovers.
- Make the sprouts as a stuffing for grilled cheese sandwiches, cheese quesadillas, and hummus quesadillas.
- Pile the sprouts on toast topped with hummus and garnish it with tomatoes.
- Turn your Mac and Cheese pasta into a redeeming dish by adding roasted sprouts on the top.
- Try a healthy morning snack by adding the roasted sprouts to the goat cheese scrambled eggs dish.
A Quick Overview On How To Roast Brussel Sprouts
Here is a quick run-down on perfectly roast Brussel sprouts for the Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe.
- Select Brussel sprouts carefully and wisely.
- Trim and cut the sprouts into perfect halves.
- Place the sprouts in a linear form and do not overcrowd the pan.
- Bake the sprouts at a comparatively higher temperature.
- Do not disturb the sprouts throughout the baking period.
- Let it roast for a minimum of 20 minutes for the best results.
What Goes Perfect With Roasted Brussel Sprouts?
Roasted sprouts are a healthy and hearty component of any main dish. They are full of nutritious fibers and proteins, which are beneficial for the body’s mobility. Roasted sprouts fantastically complement many flavors. The below-mentioned recipes are proof of it.
- Roasted Sprouts with Balsamic vinegar, Pecans, and Cranberries
- Green Goddess Yogurt Sauce
- Roasted Broccoli and Brussels, Lentil Salad, and Arugula
- Crispy Baked Tofu with Honey Sesame Glaze
The Final Takeaway
The Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a classic example of health and taste in one dish. Minimal use of Olive oil makes it a hearty snack for heart and high-cholesterol level patients. You can prepare this recipe in no time as it only takes a few ingredients to cook. Besides this, you can complement it with wholesome meals for your family. Do not forget to try the recipe at your home and let us know which combination and topping are your favorite.