If you are a non-vegetarian, Shrimps are going to be your favourite food. While there are some deliciously appetizing Shrimp recipes to gorge on, the question is, are they healthy enough?
To beat the problem of increasing calories, we are going to introduce three best Shrimp scampi recipes to you that will leave you craving for more. Let’s get started!
Shrimp Scampi with Pasta
With no spice, no harmful chemicals or preservatives, the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta makes for the healthiest meal to gobble on. The buttery, creamy and garlicky flavoured shrimp pasta dish is a perfect main dish for when you are hunting for a happy dining experience. With minimal ingredients, the dish is a standout recipe for everyone who loves nutritious food. Let’s check out the ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 lb frozen large peeled shrimp
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium onion
- 7 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- ¾ cup panko
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb fettuccine
How to make Shrimp Scampi with Pasta?
- Thaw the shrimp. For this purpose, take out the shrimp and place it in cold water. Place a heavy plate to submerge it for about 45 minutes or so. Once thawing is complete, pat dries the Shrimps with some salt. Side by side, boil a large pot of water with salt.
- Chop the onions and lentils. Now grate garlic cloves and lemon zest in a bowl. Chop the parsley and keep aside.
- Now heat some panko, salt and olive oil.
- Grate garlic cloves and stir in a pan. Transfer this mixture to a small bowl. Let it cool.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook shrimp for 3 minutes. Transfer it to a plate.
- Add onion mixture, butter, salt, red pepper flakes and brown for 2 minutes.
- Add dry white vine and bring it to simmer. Cook by stirring the food occasionally until most of the liquid evaporates, some of the harsh alcohol scents cooks off, and sauce is thick and glossy, 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat while you cook the pasta.
- Drop fettuccine in boiling water and make al dente. Scoop out the pasta.
- Discard the tails of the shrimp and cut the shrimp into three pieces.
- Drain the pasta. Add everything along with the pasta. Cook well for three minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the shrimp with parsley.
- Cut a lemon into half and squeeze it into the pot. Taste and add seasonings.
- Serve hot.
Red Lobster Shrimp scampi recipe
The Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe is another incredible dish to cook at home when looking for something lip-smacking. This mouth-watering dish is simple to make with minimal ingredients. The buttery and garlicky flavours in the recipe, make it a standout food for all. More so, it makes for a very filling recipe and will make you keep wanting more. Let’s check out the ingredients to make it:
1-pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 tsp cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
Instructions to make Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe
- Pat dry the shrimps on a towel.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven now.
- Now in the baking dish of the oven, place some olive oil, butter and garlic.
- Now place the baking dish in the broiler. Let the oven heat until all the butter melts. It will take between 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the butter had melted, remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Roll the shrimps by holding on to its tail. Place it in the baking dish.
- Start the oven and high broil it for some time. It takes around 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Season with oregano, basil and Cheddar Cheese.
- Serve as a side dish, with pasta or any main dish of your choice.
Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi recipe
The fusion of shrimp and pasta never goes wrong. But if you’re looking out for the best fusion recipe, Olive garden shrimp scampi recipe is perfect. With simple, delicious and nutritious ingredients, this recipe makes for a happy meal with friends and family. You can also serve them to kids as a quick lunch. Let’s check out the recipe for this one
- 1 1/2-pound medium fresh shrimp, shelled
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly slivered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Lemon and capers are optional but add a flavour.
How to make it?
- Fill a pot with water and add a pint of salt. Bring it to a boil. Cook the pasta in it and leave it aside.
- Heat a pan. Add onions and brown them slightly.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Now, slowly add the wine and cook for around two minutes.
- Add butter, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt to taste. Mix carefully.
- Now add shrimp and cook until it turns pink.
- Now add the pasta and toss well.
- Garnish with parsley or cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each of them is delicious in their respective sectors. You must try all of them if you like.
No. Red lobster shrimp scampi recipe is creamy and flavourful with minimal spices.
Shrimp Scampi recipe is one such dish that will leave you tempted. Do not forget to gorge on the variant of shrimp recipes we have listed above for you. Enjoy!