Smash Burgers are known to be highly delicious, luscious burgers that are loved by all. The juicy and moist meat patty, coated with delicious, creamy cheese and a tangy sauce, smashed under two burger buns, is to die for! The main reason why these smash burgers look so tempting is due to Maillard’s reaction. In this reaction, when the meat (beef) patty comes in contact with heat, the amino acids and sugars react to form a tender, dark and caramelized crust. This is what gives the cake an incredibly mouth-watering, delectable and delicious flavour and colour. This burger is loved and admired by people of all age groups, from kids to adults, and can make a delicious party snack!
Given below is a mouth-watering recipe on how to make the most delicious Smack Burgers ever!
How To Make A Delicious Smack Burger At Home:
1. 1 Pound Ground Chuck (20/80 fat to lean meat ratio)
2. Cheese, any cheese according to your preference
3. Brioche Buns, properly buttered and seared
4. Toppings, any topping according to your preference
5. Kosher Salt And Pepper, to taste
(B) Burger Sauce:
1. 1 tbsp White Vinegar
2. 1/4 cup Spicy Brown Mustard
3. 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
4. 1/4 cup Ketchup
5. 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
6. 1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
7. 2 Garlic cloves, minced
8. Salt, to taste
9. Pepper, to taste
10. A pinch of sugar to taste
(C) Carnaldish Burger Juice- This makes the smash burger irresistible!
1. 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2. 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
3. 1/2 stick Butter, melted
4. Few dashes of Liquid Smoke
1. Take a small bowl and mix in all the ingredients required to prepare the Burger sauce (white vinegar, brown mustard, mayo, ketchup, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, minced garlic cloves, salt, pepper and Sugar). Then place this bowl in the fridge.
2. Take another bowl and mix all the ingredients required to make the Carnaldish Burger Juice (Workenshire Sauce, fish sauce, butter and liquid smoke).
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add the beef and pour the Burger Juice over it.
4. Using a spoon or your hands, gently break up the meat and mix properly. Remember to be super gentle throughout this entire process.
5. Then prepare 3-4 oz sized balls of the meat.
6. Take a plastic wrap, cover the meatballs in it and refrigerate them for at least thirty minutes. You can also freeze them for 15 minutes. Make sure that the meat is super cold.
7. After this, take a large cast-iron skillet and place it over a high flame until it’s scorching. To make sure that the skillet is hot enough to sear the meatballs in, sprinkle some water on it. If the water sizzles and vanishes, your skillet is ready to cook the meat. There is no need to add oil to the pan, as there is enough fat in the beef.
8. Take the burgers out from the refrigerator or freezer and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
9. As you will be smashing the beef balls, remember to place only 3-4 of those balls with spaces in between.
10. Let them sear for 30 seconds and then smash them using a large and heavy skillet.
11. Then, let them cook for 3-4 minutes or until their sides turn brown.
12. Turn them over and quickly place a slice of delicious cheese on the top of each smashed patty.
13. Let them cook for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts.
14. Enjoy this delicious burger with your favourite toppings and sauces!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How can I smash a burger without a smasher?
You can always use a heavy skillet instead of a smasher to smash the burger.
2. What are some delicious toppings for a smash burger?
Cheese, Onions, Bacon, lettuce, tomato slices and pickle slices make delicious and mouth-watering toppings for a smash burger.
3. What kind of cheese is the best for a smash burger?
If you want your cheese to melt properly, you should always use deli American Cheese, as it is the best melting cheese for burgers.