Sourdough pancakes are the absolute favorite of people of any age group, children and adults alike. Sourdough pancakes are known for their delicious flavor and thick, soft and fluffy texture. These pancakes are easy to make, don’t consume a lot of your time, and are the tastiest breakfast.
If you have never tried this recipe, my advice would be to try it once, and you never know this may become your favorite breakfast also. Moreover, you can change these pancakes’ flavors by using different kinds of toppings every/each time.
- Butter (Melted) – 4 tbsp.
- Eggs – 2 large
- Milk – 250 gram
- Vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
- Sourdough starter -1 1/2 cups
- All-purpose flour or Maida – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar – 2 tablespoons
- First of all, preheat the grill at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl and put butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, and sourdough starter in it.
- Whisk until they are combined well. For making perfect sourdough pancakes, you should use all the ingredients at room temperature. If you are using the ingredients at room temperature, they will bond together better and get a smooth batter, which is a secret for this recipe.
- Now use a sieve, sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the batter again for 3-5 minutes, and you will see that the batter has become fairly runny and fluffy. If you feel that the batter is too thick, you can add milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- When the grill gets heated, spray it with cooking spray or grease it well with butter. Gently pour the batter (about ¼ cup) on this griddle.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bubbles begin to form on top, and then flip it over.
- Cook it for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- When you see the perfect golden brown color on it, take it out on a plate.
- Now, make more of these pancakes in the same manner.
- Serve these warm sourdough pancakes one over the other with your favorite toppings, butter, and syrup.
You can make extra sourdough pancakes and store them in the freezer. To freeze these pancakes, wait for these pancakes to cool down until they reach room temperature. You can use a baking sheet or butter paper between these pancakes before storing them in the freezer so that they don’t stick together.
You can also put them in a sealable freezer bag. These pancakes will last up to 3 months if they are correctly stored. This way, whenever you crave these delicious pancakes, you can take them out of the freezer and microwave for 2 minutes and enjoy your meal!
Other important tips:
- As mentioned above, using the ingredients at room temperature can make your already delicious pancakes much tastier. Using the ingredients at room temperature allows you to make a very smooth batter as the ingredients tend to mix better. This makes your pancakes fluffier.
- You can pop these pancakes in the toaster for 2 minutes to make their edges crispier.
- A little tip for people with hectic morning schedules is to make the pancakes well in advance and then use them whenever necessary. It is so because the taste of the pancakes becomes better once they have been left in the freezer for some time, which will save you a lot of hassle.