Spring Onion Soup is known to be an extraordinarily delicious and luscious soup filled with the goodness of spring onions. This flavoursome soup is precisely what you need to warm up your cold winter nights and provide a feeling of satisfaction. This tasteful dish is filled with the nourishment of spring onions, which have several health benefits. Spring onions help boost up your immune system and promote better digestion. They are also responsible for preventing cold and promoting better eyesight.
Furthermore, consumption of this nutritious vegetable also makes your bones stronger. Also, this vegetable helps you in overcoming any stomach complications. Thus, this soup’s nutritional value and delicious taste make it the absolute favourite of people belonging to all age groups.
Below is the perfect recipe for delicious Spring Onion Soup you would not want to miss out on.
How To Make Luscious Spring Onion Soup At Home:
1. 2 bunches spring onion, finely chopped
2. 2 small potatoes
3. 2 tbsp melted butter
4. 2 cups water
5. 3 cloves garlic
6. 1 tsp soya sauce
7. 2 pinches salt, to taste
8. 2 pinches black pepper
1. The first step is to boil the potatoes properly, peel their skin off, and set them aside in a bowl.
2. Take a pan and place it over medium heat. Heat the butter in it.
3. Now ass the spring onions and the garlic in the pan and saute the mixture for about a minute.
4. Then pour in the water and allow the mixture to simmer for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the flame and allow it to cool.
6. Take a separate bowl and transfer the spring onion mixture prepared.
7. Add in the potatoes and grind them along with the mixture to form a puree of smooth texture.
8. Now, add in water according to your preference of the soup’s thickness.
9. Then combine the soy sauce, salt and pepper with the mixture while stirring.
10. While stirring, place it over a medium flame to heat the soup a bit.
11. Lastly, allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Things To Keep In Mind:
1. You can feel free to add in your favourite protein, vegetables or tofu to elevate this dish. Adding your most-loved ingredients to this soup will make it even more irresistible and alluring.
2. Flatbread serves as a perfect pairing to this soup, as it provides a crunchy texture. Just some spring onion soup along with your choice of bread (be it flatbread, garlic bread or toast) is enough to make you feel satisfied and warm during chilly nights.
3. This soup can be served at a small get-together or on other occasions if you add a little bit of zest and spice to it. Serve it as an evening snack during winters, and you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can you serve spring onion soup for dinner?
Of course, you can serve Spring Onion soup for dinner. Throw in some delicious and crunchy flatbread, and your family will grow to be more fond of you.
2. What are some additional ingredients I can add to my Spring Onion Soup?
You can feel free to add in your most favourite protein items- be it chicken or beef. You can also add your most-loved vegetables to elevate this soup to the next level. For example, you can add some earthy mushrooms to this soup to make it feel like heaven! If you want to add something vegan to the soup, you can add some delicious tofu to enhance this dish.
3. Can I use yellow onions instead of spring onions?
Of course, feel free to substitute yellow onions in place of spring onions. But, since this soup’s main ingredient is spring onions, it is always recommended to add that to the dish to make it more delicious.