Taco Seasoning is an elementary and tasteful key ingredient used to make tacos, as the name suggests. It is super flavorful and gives tacos a rich, restaurant-like taste. It is a blend of very flavoursome spices like Oregano, red pepper flakes, chilli powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. They are added to cooked poultry (mainly beef) to give a spicy and lavish taste. It is super easy to make and does not require any hassle.
As we all know, tacos are everyone’s favourite. People of all age groups enjoy them, be it kids or adults. The addition of irresistible cheesy sauce, lettuce and some juicy vegetables to the cooked meat is enticing. Of course, you can also prepare taco shells at home or purchase them. But with the incorporation of taco seasoning to the cooked meat, your taco will taste utterly delicious!
Given below is the most perfect and easiest Taco Seasoning recipe you will ever find:
How To Make The Most Delicious Taco Seasoning:
This recipe is super easy to make! It does not involve the use of any fancy equipment and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
1. 1/4 tsp garlic powder
2. 1/4 tsp dried oregano
3. 1 tbsp chilli powder
4. 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
5. 1/4 tsp onion powder
6. 1/2 tsp paprika
7. 1 tsp black pepper
8. 1 tsp sea salt
9. 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
10. Tomato powder (optional)
1. Take a small bowl.
2. Mix the garlic powder, Oregano, chilli powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, salt and ground cumin.
3. Store in an air-tight container.
Health Benefits Of Taco Seasoning:
1. Taco Seasoning mix is rich in minerals like calcium and iron. These minerals are obtained from chilli pepper, cumin and Oregano.
2. It is rich in capsaicin, obtained from chilli pepper. Capsaicin has numerous health benefits like relieving pain when consumed daily and helpful in weight loss.
3. It contains Vitamin A and Vitamin C in abundance acquired from its paprika content.
4. Since Oregano has anti-inflammatory characteristics, it helps prevent arteriosclerosis. It is a disease that involves constricting the blood vessels from the heart.
5. Taco Seasoning is containing tomato powder consisting of an antioxidant, Lycopene. It is highly beneficial in hunting down free radicals, which causes severe diseases like cancer.
6. As cumin is beneficial in reducing blood sugar level, Taco Seasoning is highly helpful in preventing diabetes.
Use Of Taco Seasoning:
Taco Seasoning is mainly used to add a rich, versatile and luscious flavour to meat- especially beef. It makes your tacos taste exactly like the ones made in a top-star restaurant. But that’s not all. You can always add tacos to sour cream or yoghurt to prepare delicious dips and sauces. They can also be sprinkled over baked potatoes to give them a delicious flavour.
The addition of Taco Seasoning to Enchiladas is just like the cherry on the cake! Some people have even tried adding it to casseroles and lasagnas. The ultimate result turned out to be extraordinary and alluring.
Since tacos are a necessity in almost all households, they need to taste amazing. Taco Seasoning is the perfect choice for that!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which store-bought Taco Seasoning is considered to be best?
The best Taco Seasoning mix will surely be Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix.
2. Do you add water to Taco Seasoning?
Yes. While your cooked meat is on the stove with some taco seasoning mix added to it, raise the flame to medium-high. Now add 3/4 of water to the heart and let it simmer. This will allow all the spices included in the mix to coat the meat crumbles uniformly.
3. Is Original Taco Seasoning spicier than Mild Taco Seasoning?
Yes, original taco seasoning is hotter and spicier than the mild taco seasoning.
4. Should I add taco seasoning before or after cooking the meat?
You should add the taco seasoning mix before the browning of the meat.
The Bottom Line
Taco Seasoning is super easy to prepare, and it makes your tacos or any other dish extremely tasty. With the help of the taco seasoning recipe given above, you can easily enjoy delicious tacos at home!