Casserole food is a classic comfort to satisfy your hunger cravings. Are you looking for hot dish recipes for your guests? Tater Tot Casserole is a comforting recipe with a combination of cheese, exotic vegetables, and canned soup. Just one pan with a few main components, and boom! You are ready with the hottest recipe.
It is a famous dinner table recipe known amongst the elderly and kids. Moreover, moms love to cook the recipe as it is pocket friendly. Surprisingly, you can feed nearly 10 to 12 people at just one time. You can easily use the leftover Hamburger meat as a perfect weeknight meal in this recipe. Let us quickly get through the recipe instructions and other information.
Tater Tot Casserole is an American recipe that shall never leave you disappointed. The critical components for this recipe are readily available in any grocery store. You can even order the raw materials on any online site. Make sure to keep the following mentioned items ready when planning to cook the casserole recipe.
- 32 ounce packaged frozen Tater Tots
- ½ diced White onion
- 1 pound of Lean Ground beef
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup of sour cream
- One 10 ounce can of condensed Cheddar Cheese soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- One 10 ounce can of Cream of Mushroom or Chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- One 15.2 ounces can of corn (drained)
- One 14.5 ounces can of green beans (drained)
If you wish to prepare the tastiest casserole recipe, follow the step-by-step instructions underneath.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a 9*13 inch baking dish and grease it with cooking spray.
- Now, take a large skillet and saute ground beef, garlic powder, onion, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook them al dente until the ground beef is no pinker.
- In another large bowl, combine the beef mixture with soup, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, corn, and green beans.
- In the prepared pan, spread the beef and soup mixture.
- Season it with Tater Tot and bake it for 50 minutes.
- Keep it in the oven until the casserole bubbles up, and Tater Tots are golden brown.
- Take the remaining shredded cheddar cheese and spread it on the top. Bake the same for another 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
And here you go! Your Tater Tot Casserole is ready to grab. The comfort food recipe is power-packed with vegetables, soup, and the smoothest cream. Immerse yourself into the tastiest recipe for a finger-licking snack. It is a satisfying dinner meal perfect for every occasion and people of each group. It tastes the best when you make certain additions to this recipe with wholesome veggies.
One-time preparation of Tater Tot Casserole yields eight servings. Per serving has the below-mentioned nutritional value:
- Sodium – 868 mg
- Calcium – 237 mg
- Vitamin C – 9.2 mg
- Vitamin A – 345 IU
- Sugar – 1 gm
- Fibre – 2gms
- Potassium – 559 mg
- Cholesterol – 69 mg
- Calories – 415 kcal
- Saturated fat – 10 gms
- Fat – 23 gms
- Protein – 21 gms
- Carbohydrates – 30 gms
- Iron – 2.2 mg
The classic Tater Tot Casserole recipe is a perfect combination of sour cream, soup, vegetables, and ground beef. In some cases, you might be comfortable with certain vegetables, but you can replace or even add vegetables to your recipe.
- Bell peppers
- Green onion
- Mixed veggies
- Green beans
Storage Of Tater Tot Casserole
You might not be able to complete the entire casserole recipe in just one night. You can store the leftover dish in an airtight container inside the refrigerator. Moreover, you can cover the container with aluminum foil or Saran wrap. Ensure that you do not reheat the casserole dish with aluminum foil on. The best fact about cooking this recipe is that you can freeze it for a couple of months. Take it out from the fridge and thaw it for at least 10 to 12 hours whenever you wish to cook. Furthermore, you can cook the recipe as usual.
Tater Tot is a recipe that is a combination of the smoothest cream and crispy frozen tater tot. You can even make it more crispy and crunchy. Want to know how? Follow the steps underneath.
- After cooking the casserole for the mentioned time, turn the oven to broil.
- Broiling the casserole will make the tater tots more crispy.
- Ensure that you look closely at the casserole as the tots broil quickly and quickly turn crispy. If not, then they might burn.
Serving Tater Tot Casserole without any sides can make it look unattractive and dull. To allure your guests, why not try adding vegetables to the dish or keep them on the sides. Roasted vegetables, salad, roasted baby carrots, green beans, and bacon are some perfect choices. They are ideal complementaries for the casserole recipe.
People say that initially, the casserole recipe came from the Midwest region. Since it is a flavorful recipe, moms love to cook it for their kids and family members. The formula is quite famous in Southern parts too. As a crowd-pleaser dish, it never gets any bad reviews. It is fantastic that you can even grab it the next day without any hustle and bustle. Nevertheless, if you feel that the dish is extra cheesy, you can freely avoid shredded cheddar cheese.
Casseroles are a classic comfort recipe best for people of all age groups. Tater Tot Casserole is a recipe that you can crave regularly. Consider cooking the casserole recipe whenever you run short of time and want to cook something delicious. It does not only save your time, but it is economically feasible. Try the recipe today for a perfect weeknight dinner meal.