Coconut curry is a flavoursome dish that requires just 30 minutes to turn out perfect. These rich, creamy and healthy recipes are all you need to go gaga over coconut curry forever.
Whether you are a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, our coconut curry recipes are sure to find you at your comfort.
If you are ready for some low-Cal, low-carb yet delicious comfort food today, coconut curry will come to your rescue!
The best-ever coconut curry recipes for you
There is no end to coconut curry recipes. But we wanted to bring only the best ones for your table. That is why the recipes that we will share today are a perfect blend of tasty and healthy.
We promise; you will want to gorge on all of them forever. If you have kids at home who can’t swallow veggies, this recipe will change the game instantly.
5-ingredient coconut curry recipe
No one likes to be swarmed up with spice boxes all over the kitchen counter only to make a single dish. It is so exhausting! That is why this 5-ingredient coconut curry recipe will come to your rescue. Most of the ingredients in this recipe are readily available in the kitchen.
So, you do not have to run errands for no reason. To sum up, this one is a healthy, budget-friendly and delicious recipe to gobble on to your heart’s delight.
Ingredients (Serves four)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry pastes
- 2 broccoli
- 1 can chickpea
- ½ tbsp corn-starch
- Minced garlic or onions (optional)
- Take a pan, add some oil and sauté the broccoli. After a few minutes, add the coconut milk and let it simmer for around five to eight minutes.
- Now, add the curry paste to the pan and whisk it well. Make sure you do this until it combines with coconut milk. Then, add the chickpea.
- Now, boil and add some corn-starch. Reduce the heat and then cool it. The sauce will thicken soon.
- Add it to a bowl and serve hot.
Thai Chicken Coconut Curry recipe
If you have been waiting for a lip-smacking yet healthy non-vegetarian recipe, Thai Chicken Coconut Curry is all you need. The dish cooks only in 20 minutes and leaves the recipe tasting splendid. What is best is that this recipe is gluten-free and contains minimal calories.
The incredible texture and smooth flavours of this curry recipe make it a favourite among everyone. If you host regular dinner parties, this one is a must addition for you.
Ingredients (Serves six)
- 2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1-pound skinless chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground Coriander
- One 13-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 to ½ cups of shredded carrot
- 1 to 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 to 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Rice/ Quinoa or naan (optional)
- Take a large skillet and add oil to it. Let it heat. Then, add onions until brown. Sauté them for around five minutes.
- Now, add the chicken and cook for around five minutes. When it is tender, it will cook.
- Add the garlic, coriander and cook for a minute.
- Now, add the coconut milk, carrots, Thai red curry paste, salt and pepper. Stir well. Reduce the heat to medium and allow the mixture to boil properly.
- Add the spinach, lime juice and stir well. The spinach should reduce to half in about one or two minutes. Taste and add brown sugar to taste. You can re-add the salt and pepper when in need.
- Now, you can also sprinkle cilantro and serve immediately.
Easy vegetarian coconut curry recipe
Another gluten-free recipe that will leave you craving for more is this easy vegetarian coconut curry recipe. This 3-minute coconut curry recipe is all you need on days when you do not feel like eating anything else. If you have lots of veggies, you’ve got to toss them in this dish and cook it well.
We promise; it will taste like heaven. The best part about this recipe is that it is freezer-friendly for around one month. So, it can’t get any better for sure.
- For the curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp freshly ground ginger
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 1/3 frozen peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 14-ounce cans light coconut milk
- 1 cup veggie broth
- sea salt and black pepper
2. For the coconut Quinoa
- One 14-ounce can of light coconut milk
- 1 cup white Quinoa
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
3. For options
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cilantro/ mint/ basil
- red pepper flakes
- Take a saucepan and add oil into it. Heat it and add light coconut milk with a half cup of water. Let it boil for 15 minutes along with the Quinoa. Once the Quinoa is fluffy, set it aside until serving time.
- Now, heat a large saucepan and add coconut oil. Add the onion, ginger, carrot, broccoli and seasonings. You can cook and stir for around five minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne, veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch and more. Add salt and stir well. Let this cook for another ten to fifteen minutes nicely.
- Add the peas and tomatoes in the last five minutes.
- Serve over Quinoa and add your favourite garnishing.
- Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these recipes nutritious?
Yes. All the recipes we have listed above are highly healthy and nutritious.
- Can I customize with my favourite veggies?
Yes. Customization with veggies is allowed.
- Is the Thai Chicken coconut curry recipe spicy?
Yes. However, if you wish to reduce the spiciness, you can add less spice to it.