Turkey sausage patties with eggs and toast is the perfect snack that one can ask for. They taste exquisitely delicious and all the more so, with waffles or pancakes.
The recipe for making your own Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage is extremely simple. It requires just a few dried herbs and spices that are combined and well cooked!!
You can eat Turkey sausage Monday through Friday with peanut butter or honey toast oreggs. The later may change but Turkey sausage remains the absolute breakfast cum snack. It’s not only delicious but also a lot leaner than traditional pork sausage.
How to make Turkey sausage?
- Kosher salt
- Rubbed sage
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Lean ground turkey (93% lean)
- Olive oil
- In a bowl add 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, 3/4 teaspoon of rubbed sage, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Whisk or stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground turkey and the spice mixture. Stir until combined and be mindful not to over mix.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the ground sausage mixture per sausage patty.
- You can always play with the amounts if you want larger patties. However, keep in mind the serving amounts will of course change.
- Form and shape them. 1/4 cup will give you 8 patties. Try to press them thin as they will shrink.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and, working in batches, cook the turkey sausage patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side. If needed, add more oil.
- Drain on a paper napkin and repeat with the remaining sausages.
- Serve with eggs, pancakes or French toast to experience one of the most sorted and best tasting meals ever!
Who said, you need to wait till Thanksgiving to enjoy a nice Turkey? Well, you don’t! Because Turkey Sausage is just the snack, you can eat anytime of the year and without guilt too. After all, it’s not only delicious but also a lot leaner than traditional pork sausage.
Making fresh turkey sausage from scratch is rather quick, easy, healthier, and simple. And tastes much better than the store-bought stuff. All you need is turkey, a few herbs and spices. Check the recipe here.