This summer, liven up your days with the delicious and mouth-watering Tzatziki sauce. Filled with the goodness of fresh cucumber, this Greek dish goes well with Pita and veggies. Also known as the yogurt and cucumber sauce, it will be the perfect appetizer spread for you. The authentic recipe for this comes straight from Paros, and you can customize it any way you want. It is also a great option for a fresh veggie dip or salad dressing. So, if you wish to jazz up your evening snacks, pair this sauce with your favourite fries and kebabs. We assure you this will make your evenings much better.
What Is Tzatziki?
Tzatziki is a Greek dip made with salted yogurt and cucumber key ingredients. Other ingredients include olive oil, garlic salt, herbs, and lemon juice. This dish is pretty simple to prepare and ties all the ingredients together. This sauce is a healthier take on dips and has a rich, creamy texture. You cannot go wrong if you decide to serve it with delicious grilled chicken. So, feel free to add some mint and dill to refresh this lively dressing.
Believe us, if you are ever wondering about trying this dish, do not step back. It offers a generous serving of 1/4 cup and contains only 57 calories. So, you can load up on this amazing sauce without worrying about its impact on your health. If you are the host of a get-together, serving this alongside some sandwiches will make you the show star. So, this creamy sauce has a light texture, which makes for one of the many reasons why you should try it out.
Tzatziki sauce contains nutrients that help in weight loss. This also helps in reducing appetite, increasing the body’s metabolism, and regulating hormones. Using Greek Yogurt for preparing this dish can be helpful for lactose intolerants. This is because it contains a high amount of proteins and less lactose content. Also, since it is high in proteins and low in calories, one must definitely go for it.
How To Make The Amazing Tzatziki Sauce Within Minutes?
This refreshing dip and sauce make use of shredded cucumbers and plain Greek Yogurt. People who have tried out this dish in Greek restaurants know why it is so rich and amazing. Now, you can also prepare this mouth-watering dish at home. So, try it out now and see for yourself why this dip makes for one of the best summer dishes!
1. Cucumber- Try to get hold of an English cucumber and use half of it. You can also use 3 to 4 Persian cucumbers.
2. Greek Yogurt- You can use either full fat or fat-free Greek Yogurt. So, make sure that it is cold right out of the refrigerator.
3. Lemon Juice- The first choice will be to use squeezed lemon juice. Do not use concentrated lemon juice. You will need about 1 1/2 tablespoons of this juice.
4. Garlic- Be generous with the amount of Garlic you add. Its flavour will get stronger as the flavours merge in the refrigerator. You can use four garlic cloves if you love them. So, either grate the Garlic or mince it using a garlic press.
5. Dill- Make use of chopped or frozen dill to add a refreshing taste to this delicious dip.
6. salt and Pepper- Add them according to taste.
Directions To Follow
1. Prep The Cucumber
For the first step, you must peel the cucumbers and dice them. You can also grate the cucumbers, but diced ones are preferable. Take a bowl, and line it with a fine-mesh sieve. Add the diced/grated cucumbers to the sieve. Sprinkle some salt, mix, and keep it aside. This will allow it to soften and release the juice.
2. Make The Sauce
Take a large mixing bowl. Add in the lemon juice, olive oil, Garlic, yogurt, dill, salt, and pepper. Continue to mix until combined.
3. Strain The Softened Cucumbers
Using the sieve, try to squeeze out the juice as much as you can. So, get rid of the liquid and add the strained cucumbers to the mixing bowl.
4. Keep Stirring
Keep stirring all the ingredients together until they combine and cover the dip. Refrigerate it for at least one hour. You can also leave it overnight. It does not lose its flavor and texture if you store it for five days tops.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Preparing The Delicious Tzatziki Sauce
The amazing Tzatziki sauce is a perfect blend of rich yogurt and refreshing cucumber. Most people add some extra herbs like dill and mint to make it more livening. Though this dish is easy to prepare, you must get all the methods right. We have mentioned some tips which will help you get the most incredible Tzatziki Sauce.
1. It is important to get rid of all the excess water present in cucumbers. This will make sure that your sauce does not become watery the very next day.
2. Since all the flavors fuse together when this sauce is in the refrigerator, use more Garlic.
3. Using cheesecloth to strain cucumbers is the most effective way of discarding water.
The Bottom Line
The Tzatziki sauce is one of the most-loved dishes in Greek cuisine. It is simple to prepare and does not need a lot of ingredients. So, prepare it for people of all age groups, and everyone will love it just fine.