BBQs are one of the most popular and loved menu items, satisfying the craving for sweet yet savoury flavours at the same time. But since the traditional BBQ picture either portrays Meat on a grill or cottage cheese on a stick, the Vegan Population often are left out of the BBQ scenario. Poor thing! But don’t worry, that’s where Vegan BBQ comes in. Since Veganism encourages and supports only plant-based items consumption, the idea of Vegan BBQ might seem very unappealing at first. But you might just be shocked to know that Vegan BBQ is quite popular nowadays, which, of course, no doubt is a direct impact of Vegan popularity as well. Reason?
Vegan BBQ is the recipe of ‘the more the merrier’
Since traditional BBQ includes the use of Meat and other Dairy Products, the Vegan Enthusiast’s are often left out. But Vegan BBQ solves that problem with no qualms. How? That’s because Vegan items are welcomed by any and every, thereby increasing the diversity of the groups, even the Vegans. Yippee! So, now you don’t have to fret over much in case you are thinking about organising a BBQ party in your backyard. Just keep it Vegan. Even your friends on diet will happily indulge themselves at your party.
Vegan BBQ is the new, ‘Go’ trend
Yes, you heard and thought that right. Nowadays, Vegan BBQ is increasingly becoming the new, ‘Go’ trend. That even the non-vegan population are embracing it. One such example of it is the recently introduced Burger King’s Vegan Burger, which happens to be a big hit among its customer. As long as people don’t have to compromise with the taste buds, they are all in to be Vegan and that’s the case behind the success of the Vegan diet and Vegan BBQ. Believe it or not, Vegan BBQ is just as every bit tasty as the traditional BBQ beef. Don’t believe it? Try the Vegan BBQ recipes given below and you will know it for all yourself!
Easy and quick Vegan BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Organic Ketchup: 2 Cups
- Molasses: 2 Tablespoons
- Pure Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar: ¼ Cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar: ¼ Cup
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce: 2 Tablespoons
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce: 2 Tablespoons
- Sriracha: 2 Teaspoons
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk all the ingredients together to make the sauce.
2. Once the sauce thickens, transfer it to an airtight jar for your use.
A Savoury and easy Vegan BBQ Recipe: Umeboshi Tempeh and Pineapple Kebabs
- Tempeh: 300g Blocks
- Pineapples (Peeled and Cored): ½ Cup
- Umeboshi Paste: 4 Tablespoons
- Chinese Black Vinegar: 2 Teaspoons
- Toasted Sesame Oil: 2 Teaspoons
- Dark Soy Sauce: 2 Tablespoons
- Shaoxing Wine: 2 Teaspoons
- Garlic ( Peeled): 2 Cloves
- Chinese five Spices: ¼ Teaspoon
- Dried Chilli Flakes: ¼ Teaspoon
- Spring Onions (Optional and Finely Chopped): 2 Cups
- Coriander (Diced and Optional): ½ Cup
- First, prepare the marinade. To prepare the marinade, take all the ingredients and whisk them all together until the marinating paste is smooth. Once the marinating paste is prepared, keep it aside for now.
- Now cut the Tempeh gently into large cubes and pour the Marinate paste over the freshly sliced cubes and let it marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Make you use a generous amount of the paste over the cubes to marinate them.
- While the Tempeh is Marinating, cut the pineapples into small pieces just like the tempeh. Use your creativity for the shape.
- Now take out the Tempeh from the fridge and remove any marinating paste over it, if any. Then, place both the Tempeh and Pineapple on a hot BBQ griddle pan. Grill them until the Tempeh is brownish and the pineapple is caramelised.
- Once they are ready. Garnish them with Spring Onions, Coriander and Dried Chilli Flakes and serve hot.
Vegan BBQ Sandwich Recipe
- Soy Curls: 250g
- Vegan BBQ Sauce: 1 Tablespoon
- Chilli Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Onion Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Smoked Paprika: 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper: ½ Teaspoon
- Place the Soya Curls in a bowl of hot water, tepid. And let them soaked for about 10 minutes or so.
- While the Soya Curls are still soaking, preheat a non-stick Skillet over medium heat.
- Now take the Soaked Soya Curls and season it with Chilli Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Smoked Paprika and Black Pepper.
- Once done, take the seasoned Soya Curls and toss it in the pre-heated Skillet. Now add, Vegan BBQ Sauce to the curls and mixed for about 10 minutes or so.
- Once cooked, garnish them with Dill and Coriander. Serve them hot with Vegan Buns.
Vegan BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Recipe
- Jackfruit: 1.5 Kg
- Sesame Oil: 2 Tablespoons
- Onion, Sliced: 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
- Chilli Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Paprika: 1 Teaspoon
- Liquid Smoke: 2 Teaspoons
- Garlic Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon
- Pepper: ¼ Teaspoon
- Vegetable Broth: 2 Cups
- Vegan BBQ Sauce: ½ Cup
- First, prepare your Jackfruit by cutting. However, before you cut, make sure that you have nicely coated your knife with Sesame Oil. And while you cut your Jackfruit, also make sure that you separate the pods, Seeds, fibrous flesh and skin of the fruit. For this recipe will be using the pods of the Jackfruit!
- Now that you have separated the Jackfruit Pods, coat them with the spices, Chilli Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper.
- Once done, take the onions and Sautéed them in a pan until they turn a bit brownish.
- Now add the coated Jackfruit and stir well along with Vegetable Broth and the BBQ sauce.
- Simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid any sticking to the pan.
- Once the Jackfruit softens, pull the jackfruits apart with the help of 2 forks to bring the pull effect.
- Bake the Pulled Jackfruit in an Oven for about 20 minutes before you serve for a more crispy effect or serve as it is if a soft and saucy texture is preferred.
So, how about now? Did you change your mind while going through these scrumptious Vegan BBQ recipes? With the recent trends of Vegan BBQ and Vegan diet going nuts among people to the extent where even Celebrities and influencers are adapting it, this Vegan BBQs are going to be a hit for your next BBQ party. Even many Restaurant follows a Vegan Menu and is very popular among their customers and for those who can’t overturn their menus into complete Vegan flavour have incorporated a section, dedicated only to Vegan options. Lately, Veganism has reached quite a height to the point that 2019 was declared the ‘Year of Vegans’. Shocked right? Well, now don’t you think that Vegan BBQ is very popular rather than unpleasing?
Still, got questions?
Vegan can eat Homemade Burgers, Potato Salad, Baked Pineapple and so much more. Or even better organise a Vegan BBQ and eat all you want to without being conscious of the content.
Yes, Vegan can certainly eat Couscous because they are made of Durum Wheat Semolina and Salted Water.
Being Vegan is popular because Veganism promotes the consumption for Plant-based items thereby creating an animal-free product community.