Fish recipes are always amaze-balls. People who love a fancy non-vegetarian meal will instantly fall for their deliciousness. Amidst all the sumptuous fish recipes that you may have tried before, Walleye is the best-tasting.
Walleye recipes are a great go-to for when you are looking to host a family dinner. These fish recipes will leave everyone mouth-watering because of the irresistible flavors and aroma. If you cannot wait to dig into the recipes right away, let us go ahead!
Why is Walleye fish so famous?
Walleyes are adult fish that weigh around 11kgs. These fishes are mainly olive and gold in color. The other side of this fish tends to be of a lighter shade that makes it beautiful. These fishes belong to the Perch family and mostly live in Coldwater.
Feasting on a walleye recipe can turn out to be a lot of fun. Especially during Christmas and New Year occasions, these recipes can be a hands-down meal to enjoy without a pang of guilt. The best part is that cooking a walleye does not require enough time. As a result, the cook does not have to drain all their time cooking this massive fish in their kitchen. We love the Crispy baked Walleye recipe for the crunch that it has to offer.
How to Make a Crispy baked walleye recipe?
Fried fish can taste like a dream. However, they are very detrimental to health. On the other hand, the baked walleye recipe is a better option for everyone, especially if you are a diet freak. The walleye recipe contains some simple ingredients that are conveniently available in the kitchen. A total of twenty-five minutes is enough to devote to this dish. We promise; they will come out, making everyone feel hungry at once.
Ingredients to make baked walleye recipe
1. 2 eggs
2. 1 tablespoon water
3. 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
4. 1/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
5. 1/3 cup baked parmesan cheese
6. 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
7. 4 fillets walleye
Instructions to make baked walleye recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven at 40-degree. Grease a baking sheet properly.
2. Now, beat the eggs and water together until the mixture turns smooth. Keep it aside. Now, take another bowl and mix bread crumbs, potato flakes, parmesan cheese together. Now, season with salt. Now, dip the walleye fillets into the beaten egg and press into the bread crumb mixture immediately. Place them on the baking sheet carefully.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the fish turns flaky and opaque.
How to make a grilled walleye recipe?
Amidst all the recipes, this one is a healthy take. The grilled walleye recipe is full of ingredients that are conveniently available in the market. The best part is that you only need sixteen minutes to cook this dish. So, no matter how many people you are to feed, you will never be late. You can cook this dish using two different methods- The fil-packet method and the Stove-top cooking method. Make sure you opt for any of these methods according to your convenience.
Ingredients to make Grilled walleye recipe
1. 2 walleye fillets
2. 2 tablespoons butter
3. Fresh lemon wedges
4. 1 garlic clove
5. Kosher salt
Instructions to make grilled walleye recipe
1. Take a bowl and mix melted butter and garlic.
2. Cover the grill grate with foil and spray vegetable oil over it.
3. Now, pre-heat the grill to medium-high. Baste one side of the fillets with the garlic butter mixture and cook for around three minutes. Keep flipping and repeating.
4. Serve with asparagus and potatoes to have the best time ever.
Foil-packed method: You may spray a piece of heavy foil for this method and put the fish fillets skin side down in it. Spread the butter on the fillets and top with another piece of foil. Make sure you wrap up the edges nicely. Grill for around six to seven minutes until the fish turns flaky. Season with salt and pepper before you serve hot.
Stove-top cooking method: If you have fresh fish, cook them in a heavy skillet. Spray with oil and put the skin-side-down. Now, brush the fillets with olive oil or butter. Cook for around four to six minutes and season it. Serve hot!
How to make a broiled walleye recipe?
If you are a health freak who cannot imagine compromising on your diet, the broiled walleye recipe is going to be your favorite. This one requires a cooking time of forty minutes and serves around eight people at once. Thus, it is large enough to feed one whole family during a special event.
Ingredients to make broiled walleye recipe
1. For the Tabouleh
- 1/2 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- Two green onions, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- One tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- One tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- One teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- Two teaspoons vinegar
- One teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, if desired
2. For the fish
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- Two teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper, if desired.
- Paprika, if desired
Instructions to make broiled walleye recipe
1. Place the bulgur in a medium bowl. Pour two cups of boiling water over it and cook for thirty to sixty minutes. It should become tender. Once you cook it, drain and fluff with a fork.
2. Combine the bulgur and remaining Tabouleh ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
3. Heat a broiler. Place fish on a broiling pan. Now mix lemon juice and melted butter together. Sprinkle with salt and paprika. Broil for eight to ten minutes until the fish is flaky. Serve it with fish.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are walleye recipes good for health?
Yes. If you follow the right recipe, it is healthy for you.
2. Can I customize the recipes?
Yes, you can. However, make sure to customize slightly since heavy customization may result in a different recipe altogether.
3. Which is the best recipe?
All the recipes are good. So, it is almost daunting to chalk out one for you. However, the grilled walleye recipe is a standout for all.
If you love walleye recipes, do not miss out on trying these meals at home. We promise; you will keep wanting more of them forever.