A long summer drink is all you need for today. We are here with the most refreshing and quick drink to grace your kitchen and loved ones. Watermelon smoothie is an enticing summer drink that will undoubtedly make you feel inclined towards it. It is a perfect blend of watermelon cubes, yogurt, strawberries, and a hint of mint.
This pink drink is an utter exhilaration on these long-drawn summer days. However, it might be tricky for you to make this smoothie without the help of any recipe. This is because watermelon contains 92% water. Hence, you must follow this guide for a better understanding and be able to make a smothering smoothie in no time.
Ingredients Required To Make Watermelon Smoothie
To make this smoothie, you do need many ingredients. You will need raw components readily available in any local grocery store. You can even purchase them online. Here is the grocery shopping list you will need to follow when making this mouthwatering smoothie.
- 3 cups of watermelon cubes, diced into 1 inch
- ½ cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves, packed
- ½ cup of water or unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoon honey
Step-By-Step Instruction To Make Watermelon Smoothie
Making this smoothie can be a bit tedious for beginners without any guidance. Hence, we are here to provide you with step-by-step instructions to make your glossy smoothie. Stay tuned to know more!
- Take all the above-mentioned ingredients and place them in a high-power blender.
- Blend the same until it becomes ultra-smooth. Feel free to add more water if you see that the smoothie is extra thick.
- Taste the smoothie and add more honey if you want your drink to be slightly sweeter. Sweetness ultimately depends on the type of yogurt you select.
- Add some extra spring of basil or mint while you decorate the glasses only if you want. Serve immediately.
And tada! Your extremely smooth watermelon smoothie is ready to hit the party floor and smash down through the hearts of your guests. As you can see, this smoothie’s preparation and cooking time are less than 15 minutes. Hence, you can make it right after the guests arrive. Eventually, no early preparations are required! Doesn’t it make your task easy and smooth? Well, it does.
Nutritional Calculation Of Watermelon Smoothie
The most hydrating and creamy smoothie takes less than 10 minutes to be prepared and cooked. One-time preparation of smoothie calls for 2 glasses. Each glass has the following nutritional calculation.
- Carbohydrates – 35 gms
- Fat – 1 gm
- Cholesterol – 2 mg
- Fiber – 3 gms
- Vitamin A – 1536 IU
- Calcium – 41 mg
- Calories – 157 kcal
- Protein – 7 gms
- Saturated Fat – 1 gm
- Potassium – 449 mg
- Sugar – 29 gms
- Vitamin C – 39 mg
- Iron – 1 mg
Recommended Tools To Make Watermelon Smoothie
Since this fruity smoothie is a bit difficult to make without the help of a recipe, make sure you have proper cooking equipment available with you. Some recommended tools which are must-haves for this recipe are:
- A high-powered blender will ensure your smoothie is creamy and has a smooth consistency.
- The stainless steel straws are great for sipping smoothies or any other cool drink for summer. They are also suitable for reusing. You can wash them and use them again.
- The measuring cups are best as you can place them in the microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
This fun and flirty strawberry watermelon smoothie shall keep your blender in business until the fall season. Moreover, you can prepare your smoothie and keep it in the refrigerator to enjoy any day later.
Health Benefits Of Watermelon Smoothie
How would it sound if we said you could sip tasty drinks and enjoy the leverage of additional health benefits? Well, this smoothie offers you more than good sips. Here are some health benefits of this smothering smoothie.
- As you know that watermelon contains 92% water, this smoothie of watermelon is exceptionally hydrating and refreshing.
- Watermelon fruit is overloaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and many other antioxidants.
- Adding strawberries to your smoothie gives you oodles of added fiber and other antioxidants.
Some Bonus Watermelon Smoothie Additions
Feel free to spruce up your strawberry watermelon smoothie with any of the following additions.
- ½ tablespoon of honey is perfect for the smoothie as a sweetener. However, you can also use agave or pure maple syrup. But, maple syrup might be a bit strong for your tender and delicate melons.
- Mint makes the extra smoothie refreshing. It gives you a beach-like experience of mocktails at home. Hence, you must not forget to add some!
- Basil is another refreshing option to add to your smoothie. It is herbaceous and good for your health also.
- You can add lime and mint to your recipe if you want a watermelon mojito smoothie.
Which Fruit Goes Best With Watermelon?
Doesn’t watermelon taste incredibly tasty and refreshing? Well, you must know that this fruit goes perfect with a variety of other fruits like bananas, strawberries, and tropical fruits like pineapple and mangoes. In the case of a watermelon smoothie, you can add more frozen fruits to make it thick. Generally, the most favorite pair is watermelon with strawberry. This is because strawberry has a complimentary taste and does not overpowers the taste of other fruit. It allows the pure taste of watermelon to come up and to shine more than any other fruit.
Some More Healthy Breakfast Smoothies To Go For!
Blended smoothies are best as breakfast supplements and cool drinks during long summer days. You must never miss out on these fantastic, lip-smacking yet healthy smoothies for you on-to-go.
- Kale Smoothie
- Beet Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Avocado Smoothie
The Bottom Line
A watermelon smoothie is undoubtedly the best summer drink during the summer holidays. This hydrating pink drink gives you a resort-like feel at your home. You can make it within no time and keep it stored inside the refrigerator to enjoy later. You can also place it in an airtight container and freeze it for up to 3 months. If you haven’t tried it yet, go ahead with it today.