White Sangria is a perfect and irresistible blend of crisp White wine, delicious apple brandy and a refreshing mix of luscious citrus fruits like strawberries, apples, nectarines, blackberries, and so much more! They are perfectly suitable for freshening up your mood, especially during the summer season. The combination of different citrus fruits is what makes it nutritious and energizing. This beverage is perfect for parties and gatherings as it is super easy to make and can be made ahead of time.
Given below is the ultimate Traditional White Sangria recipe you can genuinely enjoy if you are looking for the perfect relaxation!
The Classic White Sangria recipe for refreshing exhilarate your body and mood!
It is a hassle-free recipe that includes nine essential ingredients and a pitcher. This recipe fills up to 6 glasses.
1. 750 ml bottle crisp, White dry wine, preferably white table wine from Portugal or Spain.
2. 1/4 cup Apple Brandy
3. 1 medium lime, sliced thinly into rounds
4. 1 medium lemon, sliced thinly into rounds
5. 1/4 cup organic cane sugar. You can also use maple syrup, powdered coconut sugar or stevia
6. 1/2 cup medium organic green apple, chopped into small chunks with skin on
7. 1 medium nectarine or ripe peach, sliced thinly
8. 1 cup strawberries, sliced
9. Ice or frozen berries for serving
10. Fresh mint for toppings
11. Sparkling water, optional
1. Take a large pitcher and add in the lime, sugar (the type you are using) and lemon. Gently crush with a wooden spoon or muddle the ingredients using a muddler for at least 45 seconds.
2. Add in the apple brandy and continue to muddle for at least 30 seconds or until they are combined.
3. Then add the citrus fruits you have chosen and continue to stir until they are blended.
4. Now add the white wine and mix again.
5. Taste and adjust the flavour as needed. You can add some more sweeteners to make it sweeter or add in some citrus fruits, lime, and lemon to make it zingier and zestier. It all depends on your taste.
6. Lastly, add the ice or frozen berries to chill up your beverage.
7. For serving, you can add more ice and top with some mint leaves. To dilute your drink, you can always some sparkling water.
Nutrient Content (for 1 serving)
Protein- 0.64 g
Carbohydrates- 18.5 g
Fat- 0.2 g
Trans fat- 0 g
Saturated fat- 0 g
Monounsaturated fat- 0.03 g
Polyunsaturated fat- 0.07 g
Sodium- 0.7 mg
Fiber- 1.7 g
Calcium- 10.97 mg
Cholesterol- 0 g
Potassium- 121 mg
Sugar- 13 g
Iron- 0.31 mg
Vitamin C- 23.93 mg
Top facts about this recipe you didn’t know
1. You can also use citrus fruits other than strawberries, nectarines and oranges. It is entirely up to you whether you want to add some more delicious fruits like kiwi, mangoes, raspberries, blackberries, plums and figs. The phrase, ‘’the more, the better’ completely fits here!
2. This beverage can be made 48 hours ahead of time. As a result, this drink is perfectly suitable for gatherings and parties.
3. It goes perfectly well with Spanish-inspired meals.
4. This recipe used organic cane sugar as it is the purest of all in terms of flavour and sweetness. But you can feel free to use maple syrup, powdered coconut sugar, stevia or agave.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this beverage freezer-friendly?
No, this drink is not freezer friendly.
2. Which white wine is considered to be the best for Sangria?
Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc are considered to be the best white wine brands.
3. What is the best fruit to put in Sangria?
The answer to this question will surely be any citrus fruits, berries, pineapple, kiwi or mangoes. The list is never-ending!
4. How many glasses of Sangria can get you drunk?
Two glasses of Sangria consumed in one hour can get you legally drunk.